2017年12月22日金曜日

Different Worlds

     "You want a girlfriend who can hear your music. I'm not good for you."
     "Don't say that, " he said. " It isn't true. I know what I want, and that's you. " (p.38)

     I read the book "Different Worlds."This is a love story about a deaf (deaf is not being able to hear any sound) girl and a nomal man who can hear.
     Sam was born as a deaf, and all boyfriends she had before were deaf, too. She has not fell in love with nomal man who can hear. But one day, she falls in love with a man at a first sight. The man, Jim, works at a shop, so she starts to go there often to see him. After thet, she knows that he is friend of her friend. So, she can join a party Jim comes thanks to her friend, and they meet there, then, fall in love.
     Jim is a good boy and very kind to Sam, so she is very happy. However, suddenly Jim's before girl friend appears and tells Sam that Jim plays music and you are deaf, you can't hear his music. And of course, Jim wants a girlfriend who can hear his music, not like you. Sam didn't know Jim plays music, and not knowing that is very sad for her. She starts to think he didn't tell me about his playing music because I'm deaf, I can't hear his music. Sam is very hurted by her words and she is not happy anymore. She starts to think that she may be not able to be with him anymore. Can I stay by him? Is it ok for him? And she tells him what she thinks. Jim becomes so sad to hear that, but he tells her how he loves her. But she can't choose to be together, or not...
     How it ends? If you are interested in this story's end, I do want you to read this. I was so moved and I almost cry. You must be moved!!

Johonson, Margaret. (2003). Different Worlds. Cambridge University Press.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Happy Week

     I'll talk about this week. On Tuesday, I met my best friend and she stayed my house that night. We talked a lot and the next day we...