2017年11月22日水曜日

Camouflage

      What is camouflage? Animals use camouflage to hide. They use their color or shape to hide. Sometimes you can't see the animals! (p.3)

     I read a book "Camouflage." This book told me some new things I didn't know until I read it. I'll tell you about what I knew from this book.
     First, do you know there are colorful spiders such as yellow or white? I saw the picture which spider is hiding by being the same color as their background, and their beautiful color like flower! But I don't like spiders, so however beautiful color they have, I can't become to like them!!
     Second, do you know there are animals which change their fether's color depending on seasons? Although I knew there are animals which change the kind of their fether depending on seasons to keep their temporature comfortable, I didn't know that animals which change their body color to hide exist. For example, an arctic fox and a grouse are white in winter because when it's winter, around them is full of snow and white, so they can hide and avoid being eaten by their enemy by being the same color as snow. And they are brown in summer because the snow melted and their background becomes brown, so they become brown with same reason I told before.
    This book is interesting for me, and very easy to read. So I want you to read this if you are tired to read difficult and long books, or when you want to have a rest. This book will be your break.

Khanduri, Kamini. (2013.) Camouflage. Oxford University Press.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Happy Week

     I'll talk about this week. On Tuesday, I met my best friend and she stayed my house that night. We talked a lot and the next day we...