2018年8月5日日曜日

The Spring Cup

     " ' Well, with a little help she can be sick...'  ' Fred, what are you talking about?' " (p.18)

     I read a book "The spring cup" recentry. This is a story about horse racing. The main charactor, Caroline, is a good rider and when she joins competitions, she always dose her best, but she can't be winner at any competitions because of another better rider, Sophie.
     One day, her father told her "If you dosen't win the next competition, I will sell your horse." She was very sad to hear that because she was always second place even though she was doing her best, so she thought she can't be winner of the next, and lose her horse, Applewind. She talked her brother about that, and he came up with an idea.
      The day of the competition, Caroline was nervous, but somehow her brother, Fred, was sure of her win. And in fact Calorine became the winner of the competition. However hard she practiced, she couldn't win before, but this time she became winner. However the winning was made by her brother, so it was unsportmanlike one. He gave sleeping pills to Sophie's hourse, so he slept in the competition and Caroline won. He wanted help her and he didn't think well what's going on before doing it. He bwcame very sorry for Sophie and her sister, so he apologize many time. I think Sophie will be angry, but she was so kind and forgive his fault. I was so moved to readd that scene and I want to be a kind person like Sophie and learnd the inmportance of being honest and sincerely.

Holzmann, C. (2007). The Spring Cup. Helbling Languages.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Happy Week

     I'll talk about this week. On Tuesday, I met my best friend and she stayed my house that night. We talked a lot and the next day we...