2018年8月5日日曜日

The Truth Machine.

"Success, I want success! Money, I want money! Power, I want power!" (p.30)

     I read a book "The Truth Machine" recently.
     One day, Professor Verty invented The Truth Machine which mekes people speake only truth.  Professer Verity loves truth and he wants to make a peaceful world by the machine. Ahter he invented, people all over the world are interested in it and they send a lot of letters of thanks and encouragement, and a lot of money for his better studies and inventions. Then he choose three people who want to use the machine.
     First, a woman. She wants to know the truth about her husband. He seems to have another woman, but when she ask him about another woman, he won't answer her question usually, so she wrote a letter to Professer Verity. She took her husband to Professer's laboratory, and he answered honestly. He answered "I loves another woman and he does not love you." Then, the wife could know the truth but she became not to know what she should do.
     Second, a police man. He wanted to make the criminals honest. He wanted to know they are realy criminals or not. When he use the machine, one of them was not guilty and the others were guilty. His work was done, so his boss said "I don't you any more, I will you fire." Then, he lost his work.
     Third, a spy. He caught his enemy spy and he wanted to meke the spy tell information he knew, but he won't answer, so he wanted to use the machine. The enemy spy seemed to tell the truth, but according to him, he was always tell lies, and that' sthe truth. So the third client confused and didn't know what to do.
     Finally, they got angry and used the machine in order to ask the Professer some questions. And he answerd that he was not interested in thr truth, he just wanted to get success, money, and power.
      Like this, we can learn a lesson that it is not always good to know the truth. We sometimes say "Shiranu ga hotoke(知らぬが仏)," in Japanese. There are many things we don't have to know in this world, I thought.

Whitney, N. (2005). The truth machine. Helbling Languages.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Happy Week

     I'll talk about this week. On Tuesday, I met my best friend and she stayed my house that night. We talked a lot and the next day we...